Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The journey begins

This is my very first post on my very new blog. We just moved last week from Kansas to Northern Illinois. We are originally from Champaign, IL, but have lived in Kansas for the last 6 years. We've been wanting to get back closer to home ever since we moved and it's finally happened. It was a good time for the move since Steven, my youngest, just graduated from High School.

I've been stamping for about 11 years. I was introduced to it by a co-work in the Champaign school district. I went to her house, was shown how to emboss, and millions of dollars later, here I am. I like to try different techniques, don't really have a style other than whatever works at the time! I belonged to a stamping club in Kansas, which I'm going to miss greatly. I also took almost weekly classes from a stamp store in Lees Summit, MO called the Stamp Patch. Dona is a great teacher and classes were very reasonable.

I stamp with a group of women in the Champaign area several times a year. We've called ourselfs the "Marathon Stampers." My best friend is also a stamper, so we take periodic shopping trips too. We love to go to conventions and actually have two coming up in June. One is in Collinsville (southern Illinois) and the other is in Rockford (northern Illinois).

Once my stamp room is unpacked I'll get busy making some cards and posting some of my work. It's been over a week now since my stamp room was completely packed up and I'm getting antsy. Maybe if I'd spend more time unpacking boxes than sitting at the computer it would get done quicker!

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Yeay, Toni!!! You're a blogger now! We miss you already! It's just not the same at stamp club without you :(

Barb F.