Saturday, June 14, 2008

Getting closer...


to being able to stamp!! I've decided that starting Monday I'm going to hit the stamp room hard. I tried a bit in there this morning, but there is so much stuff unpacked and sitting on the floor that it's hard to get everything put away. I'm going to pull out the boxes that are sitting in there and put them in the living room. Then haul in one at a time to unpack and put away. My friend Rachael, will be up on Friday so it has to look like I've done something in there!


Not much got done last week. Ed had a test at the hospital one day and I had a mammogram another afternoon. Steven had to go to the community college for placement testing another afternoon, and without him driving I'm chauffer. Plus with living closer to my sister and family, my neice and nephew both want us coming to their various games. So that seemed to eliminate alot of time last week. Today we're taking my nephew to a ball game at 6, so I'm done for the day working in there.


We did finally get a trip in to the Salvation Army to unload a bunch of stuff piled in the house. We had bought a new couch a couple weeks ago, but the old one was still sitting here. I tried to "Freecycle" it, but no takers, so we loaded it up and dropped it off yesterday. Now my living room looks much bigger:)


Rachael and I are going to the Heirloom Convention in Loves Park on Saturday. That's by Rockford. We just went to the Collinsville one, but I'm sure we'll manage to spend more money. On Friday we're going to St. Charles to a newly discovered stamp store. It's called "Cottage Stamper." According to their website they have a stamp club and classes, so I'm excited. I would imagine we'll make a run to Archivers too. I know I won't have any money left.


Hopefully next time I post I'll be able to have my more cleaned up stamp room to report.

The card shown above is one I made last year. I found a whole box of old cards while unpacking. Anyway the butterfly is made with that fantasy film. Can't tell you much about how it works since I only used it the once. That will be on my list to retry once I can stamp again.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

Barb said...

can't wait to see some of your new stuff, toni!!