Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Still no stamping going on:(

I'm still working on my room. I spent most of yesterday unpacking and trying to organize. It's taking forever!! Today I had to go sit at the community college all afternoon while my son took placement tests. Tomorrow my husband has some medical tests that will take all morning. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can get back to it. If not then, maybe Friday.

On a positive note, my friend Rachael and I went to the Collinsvilee, IL stamp convention last Saturday. There were about 35 vendors there. It was okay, still managed to spend just over a $100, but on stamps this time. Usually it's paper and other things. I wish the vendors would figure out we want something new. I know it's not their fault for not having new products if nothing is being available for them. BUT, come up with some different demos for pete's sake. I'm tired of seeing the same old thing. Okay I know how to stipple onto glossy cardstock and then stamp on it. I know how to stamp already. Show me something new or different. There were also very few vendors doing make and takes. The ones that I saw charged several dollars for them. Sorry, unless it's something fantastic I'm not paying more than a buck. Especially just to stamp a piece of paper with that company's stamps. Nope not happening.

We also are planning to attend the Heirloom Convention in Rockford on the 21st. I hope we see something interesting there. Not as many vendors scheduled so we'll see how that one goes.

Stamping marathon with Rachael planned for July 5th in Pesotum. I've got to get my stuff unpacked so I can actually stamp then. Next week isn't filled with appointments so plan to really hit it hard. At least enough that I can sit down and stamp. I've had to "GASP" buy a Father's Day card for Sunday.

Oh well, later.

1 comment:

Barb said...

You BOUGHT a card?! :) Just kidding, Toni!! I wish there was something new going on here. My job really bites right now. I just can't wait for the TAC Seminar June 19th-21st!!! I am soooooooo ready! I decided not to do any swaps this year (no freakin' time!), so we'll see how that works out... maybe it will be more relaxing!!