Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I've been stamping!!!!!



I finally got my stamp room put together enough to stamp. I've made three different 4th of July cards today. This is one of them. It felt so relaxing to stamp and not unpack!! I don't know who makes the stamps for this card. They were unmounted ones and of course I'm not good at writing on the backs who made them. I stamped and embossed the freedom stamp with gold on white glossy and brayered blue ink over it. The eagle is stamped and embossed on vellum and colored on the back with markers. I then used my Coluzzle to cut the circle out of the blue inked glossy and the red layering paper. Pretty easy.
I've got about 10 more 4th of July cards to make. I made twelve today, 4 of 3 designs. I'm hoping to get the rest of them done tomorrow and then on to something else. I'm going to a crop/stamp thing on Friday night with some people I don't know. It's a meet up group that scrapbooks, but one other lady stamps so Iwon't be all alone with my stamping. I'm looking forward to meeting some other people in the area.
My friend Rachael came up for the weekend and we shopping for 3 days! I found a stamp store in St. Charles, called the Cottage Stamper. It's a cute store with a good variety of stuff. We signed up to take a Northwoods class in August and I'm taking a mosiac class next month. We also spent the day Saturday at the Heirloom Convention in Rockford. We had a good time and spent way to much money. The bulk of our money went to the Paper Cut. They always have some great deals and Sarah and Ron are the nicest people. Sunday we spent shopping at Michaels and Joannes. I hadn't been to the stores in St. Charles, so it was nice to go with Rachael.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something else to share!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Wait, The Paper Cut... isn't that the one that you are having a torrid affair with? :)

Toni said...

That's what my son asked when he saw the picture on the table. He was highly perturbed to see a picture of his mom with some other man!!