Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Stamps/Field Trip


Ed and I went yesterday up to Madison, WI. He wanted to go to the Henry Villa Zoo. Nice little zoo. Mostly shady and a good variety of animals. Plus it was free!


Of course if I was driving 2 hours to do something we had to find a stamp store or scrapbook store. Of course I found both. In McFarland, just south of Madison I visited Gina K designs. She has a small store there featuring her designs and a few embellishments, cuttlebug folders, and punches. I bought two sets of stamps. Hers are cleverly packaged in a tin CD holder. I like that way to store the stamps. The only thing I didn't like was I had to cut them apart. I think they're a bit pricey and thought they'd already be cut, but only took a few minutes. This card was made with one set of them. It's called "Text Message." I was thinking of my granddaughter (almost 10) and my 15 year old niece when I bought it. The other set has a couple cute crabs in it. I almost bought the Christmas set with the crab, but thought I could just add a Santa Hat to the crab in the other one and use it year round!

Anyway the saying at the bottom of this card is from an older Stampin UP set. I wanted something at the bottom, but not flowers. I send to 3 men each week in my chemoangels and soldier cards, so try not to get too girly. Sometimes it's hard!

We're off tomorrow to Springfield. We'll be going to the state fair parade tomorrow night and then Ed and I are going to the fair on Friday. Steven doesn't want to go, so that means we can stay all day! Saturday is my MIL's birthday open house.

Next week I have to actually go into work a day and a half. Both are orientation days, but I'm not looking forward to it. Seems like June and July were busy with unpacking and moving my mom, now August is here and it's almost over before it starts!

1 comment:

Barb said...

sounds like you had a great time... and more fun to come!

love the card... i've been admiring that gina k. stamp set for some time now... love it.