Tuesday, August 12, 2008

No time to stamp!!


We were busy all last week with Ed on vacation. At the end of the week we went down to Springfield for the state fair. I was a bit disappointed with that. Seemed to be lots of empty spaces and what was there wasn't as good as it has been in the past. Even the political tents weren't giving away the freebie junk the way they use to. I guess the "not a recession" is hitting everyone hard.


We had my MIL's 70th birthday party on Saturday. I've been busy this week making a small scrapbook of the pictures from it. It was only a 6 x 6 book and had 20 pages, so it didn't take me long. I just got done with it! I'll mail it off to her next week when I go to the postoffice. So what little bit I "touched" a stamp was small and for the scrapbook.


Yesterday I went back to school shopping. FOR ME! I found some great clearance specials on some clothes and bought a new pair of tennis shoes. I also made a trip to the Good Will store in St. Charles. Look at the picture. I think it's meant to be a smallish towel rack of some kind, but doesn't it do great for holding my punches!? I saw somewhere on the internet someone had made something like this and when I saw the towel rack in the store I had to try it. Only cost me $2. Since I know it works, I'm going to look for another one next time I'm over there. Once we finally get our final house, I'll have Ed build one for me. I plan to have that room be huge.
My friend Rachael is coming up on Thursday. We're taking a Northwoods watercoloring class in St. Charles. I have to work on Friday so she'll probably go back to St. Charles and hit up all the hobby store and I'm sure the Good Will store. Saturday, the plan is to start on fall/Halloween cards. I know it's early, but next week school starts! Hopefully I can figure out a good schedule so I'll still have time to stamp.

2 comments:

Barb said...

How perfect is that! I'll have to pop over to Goodwill or S.A. and see if I can find one.

shannon said...

Great Idea! What's it look like without the punches so I know what I'm looking for. Why is it that punches are the hardest to store?