Monday, August 18, 2008

My stamping weekend.


Well, my friend Rachael came up a bit early, Wednesday evening instead of Thursday morning. So that gave us a whole day on Thursday!! We hit up JoAnn Fabrics and the Goodwill store in St. Charles. Bought a stamp set at JoAnn's and some different wooden things to alter at Goodwill. I found a huge wooden tray, it's about 30 inches long. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but hey it was only $3. Thursday night we took a class. It was on watercoloring with the Northwoods stamps. I was disappointed in the class. We did 3 cards, but only one had watercoloring on it. Friday I had to go into work for orientation, lucky was done early. Saturday we stamped all day. We worked on fall holidays, Thanksgiving and Halloween. This is one of the cards I did.

The images of the three little monsters and the trick or treat saying are from the Angel Company. The candy corn background is from Stampin Up. I used my bind-it-all to punch the holes on the sides of the black paper. I had saw something similar in a stamping magazine, so this is my version of it.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Cayoot! Love the addition of the googlie eyes, too! Sounds like you had a fun weekend... we did, too! Stamping all day on Saturday and I even got a little more in on Sunday!! Saturday I had about 7 ladies at the house... fun fun fun!

Barb said...

I just nominated you for a blogging award! Please go to my blog for the details!! :)

shannon said...

I nominated you too! We miss you here in Kansas! Are you ready to move back yet? :)

Toni said...

Some days I am!! I never thought I'd say that. I'm tired of making a house payment on a house I'm not living in. Plus I really miss my old job. This new one I'm not too sure about. The positive is I'm closer to my friend Rachael, but I miss stamp club and going to the Stamp Patch for classes!

Angela K said...

Great card!! Sounds like a fun weekend!