Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another Northwoods card


On this one I used watercolor paper. I then brayered ink on using a Kalidacolor (SP?) ink pad. Spritzed it a bit with water and then let it dry. Using the watercolor paper and then spritzing lets the ink sort of blend together. Once it was dry I gave it a quick once over with a craft iron to smooth it back flat. Then used the tree stamp (Northwoods) and black permanent ink. I thought it turned out well. Glossy card stock would have given it a more vibrant color, but wouldn't have allowed the blending that the watercolor paper did.

I spent all day at a stamping/scrapbooking garage sale in DeKalb. There were 4 of us with supplies trying to unload. I thought they were crazy doing a garage sale on a Wednesday night and Thursday, but I made almost $100, and all together there was probably $700-800 worth of stuff sold. One lady had some of her son's toys, so that was about $100 worth of the money. My stuff was priced under about $2, mostly quarters. So that gives you an indication of how much stuff I unloaded. Yeah!

I'm going tomorrow back to her house for an all day (9-3) crop/stamp. Now I need to go pack up what I'm going to work on. I haven't decided so better go hit the stamp room. I'm going to hate going back to work next month and not having the time for all this fun stamping stuff.

No comments: