Thursday, July 17, 2008

Christmas in July



I went to a stamp class last night at Creative Escapes in DeKalb. Bridgette's sister-in-law Cheryl lead the class. It was a Christmas card class, sort of quick cards, but not all of them were overly quick! Anyway we made 5 each of 4 different designs. I'll post a couple of them here so you can see them.

This one is using a Stampin' Up set, embossed with gold and then torn edges. The different thing about this is the paper layered under the Madonna and Child. It's a coffee filter!! She called the technique "Frosted Filters." You put several colors of reinkers randomly on a slick surface. (She used a large plastic plate, you could use your teflon sheet too) Then spritz it with water and lay 2 coffee filters over it and sort of move it around to soak up the ink/water mix. Then separate them and lay flat to dry. You can use your heat gun to assist with this, just don't do too long or too close in one spot or you'll have burnt filters!


This one is relatively simple. The stamps are by Gina K and are unmounted. The corners on the penguin are done with the ticket punch-I need one of those. You also stamp on the ribbon using craft ink and allow it to dry. Then the background is cuttlebugged. I just love the looks of this card. I like blues, snowflakes, and penguins!

I've already been to one stamp garage sale this morning and scored on some Stampin' Up sets. I found 6 sets, in great condition, for only $5 each. She had more, but I didn't want to appear too greedy. Anyway, one of the sets I know I'll keep. The others I'll offer to my mom, sister, and friend and if they don't want them all, I'll use them either at work or hopefully with a new volunteer project I'm working on. My sister is coming over after work and we're hitting up some other sales this afternoon. I couldn't believe I found 4 garage sales with stamping stuff in the paper yesterday!

Oh well off to my stamp room.

No comments: