Friday, July 11, 2008

Lighthouse Resist


This is a card I made for our technique freak swap on the yahoo group called the RubberInker. It was very easy. All I did was ink up the lighthouse stamp with versamark ink and stamp on glossy paper. Heat set it, then brayered on the blue ink. Layered on black glossy and then layered onto the other papers after stamping the lighthouse again off to the right side. I've been checking out another blog, by Michelle Zindorf, see the link at the left, in which she uses alot of coloring with inks/brayer. Her cards are gorgeous.
I spent today at a crop/stamping day at a ladies house in Dekalb. I'll have to put her link over to the left also. She does alot os cropping days/evenings in her wonderfully large basement. I worked on an anniversary care/minibook for my friend Rachael's grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary next month. I thought that deserved something a bit more than a regular card. I'll try to get some pictures of it tonight or tomorrow and post a few of the pages.
Tomorrow is house cleaning day, so don't know if I'll make it into the stamp room tomorrow. I should, since I'm trying to get ahead before school starts in August and it's back to work. We'll see, I hope so. I'd rather do that than clean house, but have to make myself shovel it out sometimes.

No comments: